The Pumping Marvellous Foundation is the UK’s patient led Heart Failure charity. It was founded by a heart failure patient whose experiences whilst rehabilitating has shaped the Foundation’s goals and principles of a patient-centric charity, focused on improved patient outcomes.
Everything we do is driven by the needs of the patients.
The Foundation is based in Preston the UK and has a network of volunteer patient educators who get involved in all aspects of the charity.
We have two workstreams
- Help people live better with heart failure
- Advocate for people living with heart failure
- We facilitate and run the largest support networks for people living with heart failure via our online groups. We work directly with patients.
- The supply of 100,000 pieces of patient information every 12 months to approximately 200 NHS teams across the UK
- Patient experts with NHS England/Scotland and NICE/SMC
- Local, regional involvement with the NHS and Clinical Networks
- Clinical Trial design and PPI involvement
- National and International Speaker attendance at significant Conferences
- National heart failure campaign design and delivery with stakeholders – Current Campaign is BeatHF